Saturday, February 25, 2006

If


If

If we lose our sense of being
will the gods remind us of our insignificance?
If we lose our thoughts
will the gods remind us of our iniquities?
If we lose our love
will the gods remind us of our passions?
If we lose our words
Will the gods remind us of our thoughts?
And if we dance
in the midst of moonlight
to experience our silence
will we discover our sense of being,
thoughts,
and passions?

EjG

---------------------------

Yesterday I was reminded of my silence. And so today, for the first time in many days, I stared out my front window. I noticed the woods across the street. Looking through the trees, the sun became apparent as it reflected off the snow amongst the birch, maples and pines. I had not felt this feeling of simplicity and renewal since I stood amongst the graves and the snow at the time of the winter solstice. My soul continues to search for its purpose. Thanks for pushing me beyond my silence through the reminder…

No comments: