Saturday, November 27, 2010

Wait…as I Ask You



wait…as I ask you
to understand my temperamental ways
as we pass by one another
amongst night winds
when desire should over power passion
and yet it does not…
stop pretending, we comprehend nothing more
than our own reality of mediocrity…

wait…as I ask you
to hold onto your passion
the very passions where we once
held each other in silence…
the very silence that seemed to fight
with night sounds as they passed through open windows
and enveloped our every moment
while our bodies became symbiotic in their desires…

wait…as I ask you
why we pass each other in silence
of our own misunderstandings
only to exist in moments of sadness
or persistent disbelief that we truly know the other
because silence fools us into believing
we have not lost what we no longer
are able to comprehend

wait…as I ask you
is it over between us
as we fail to comprehend the desires
we lost several summers ago
when the passions faded into the realities of the day?
the sheets tell us no lies
and the winds whisper nothing, but the words of today…
wait…as I ask you…
nothing further…

No comments: