Wednesday, January 30, 2008

my abyss


there is an abyss
upon where we watch our souls
writhe in contempt
within the here and now;
the dominant ridicule our existence
in an attempt to push us
into the complacency of the system.

a complacency
where we seek both armageddon and nirvana….
only to realize it is the mundane
and the neurotic
defining our souls,
and existence,
silence and echoes
vibrate through our damnation.

a wind blows in silence of our memories.

there is nothing more
than what exists today…

my skull pulls free
from the confines of the skin,
and I’m screaming for joy,
across a vastness of nothing,
to the point
I kiss the evermore.

the edge of infinity
defines my limitations,
there is nothing more
than the confines
of our dreams
and imaginations.

yet my soul is consumed
to the point
there is no recognition of being;
eternity becomes nothing more,
now,
than an abyss of the hereafter.

an abyss
where music
is the difference between sound
and silence.

someday
we all will die,
and there will be no more sound,
only silence…

of the abyss…

EjG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.